Sweet ‘n’ Tangy Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp and ginger in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the ketchup mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 241 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 15, 2016
We enjoyed this. Made as-is.
Aug 25, 2014
Made this for my dautghter and son-in-law and we all loved it. Went nicely with rice, may try adding some pineapple next time.
Nov 3, 2013
This recipe is good, but it's missing something and is a bit too sweet. May try adding something to help give a little more depth of flavor and cut the sweet next time.
Jul 29, 2013
Used cooked shrimp cause I couldn't find medium frozen, uncooked. Turned out great. Very tasty and the kiddo loved it!This time used uncooked shrimp...even better!
Jan 20, 2013
5 stars because this was soooo easy, fast and delicious! TRUE fast food, but so much better for you!
Jun 8, 2012
This was amazing!! I only had a 12 oz bag of shrimp, so mine was saucy & I like it that way, probably 3 servings. Definitely garnish with cilantro. A real keeper!!!
Nov 17, 2010
Very fast and easy. Even my non-shrimp eater ate this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.