Crispy Crab Rangoon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the onions, crab and garlic.
- Place about 1-1/2 teaspoons in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners over filling and press to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.
Editor's NoteFill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 90 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 15, 2018
Great taste! Love to make these! The only I did different was add a couple of tbs of sour cream for a creamier texture but it was awesome!
Sep 27, 2018
I made these tonight. Very close to the local takeout rangoons. Taste great and they were pretty easy to make. I recommend this recipe.
Apr 30, 2014
These are wonderful! I've always baked my crab rangoon in the past; however, this recipe is so easy to prepare and tastes so good, that I plan on making it this way from now on! One word of advice: they do cook very quickly, so have everything ready to go before you start frying them.