Crispy Crab Rangoon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the onions, crab and garlic.
- Place about 1-1/2 teaspoons in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners over filling and press to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.
Editor's NoteFill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 90 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 30, 2014
These are wonderful! I've always baked my crab rangoon in the past; however, this recipe is so easy to prepare and tastes so good, that I plan on making it this way from now on! One word of advice: they do cook very quickly, so have everything ready to go before you start frying them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.