Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 catfish or whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut each fillet in half widthwise; place two halves in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Press crab mixture onto fillets; top with remaining halves. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 22-26 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 437 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Mar 1, 2017
This is wonderful. I use cheddar or mozzarella cheese, because I always have them in the fridge. It is rich and filling -- add sauteed spinach and a salad and you're done!
Dec 20, 2014
This was awesome. I do recommend some lemon wedges as the top fillet of catfish can get dry.
Mar 23, 2009
I have served this before, and it is delicious. My husband loves it.
Mar 23, 2009
What's a good dessert to serve with this?