Spicy Crab Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in crab; mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high until bubbly, 2-3 minutes. Serve warm with crackers or vegetables.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 82 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2016
This was delicious as our New Year's appetizer served with a variety of crackers.
Nov 13, 2014
You don't have to heat it in the microwave...it can also be served cold!
Dec 15, 2013
This was a huge hit at my party. I added pickled jalapenos for extra flavor and spice. Definitely best served warm.
Feb 26, 2012
I brought this to a party, and it was the hit of the party, everyone wants the recipe.
Feb 25, 2012
Great taste and simple to make, what could be better
Dec 29, 2011
I like mine with a little chopped up celery to give it crunch and color. I remember when imitation crab first came out many years ago, it was spelled with a K to differentiate it from real crabmeat in recipes. The original marketers might have spelled it that way, also.
Jul 20, 2011
Imitation Crab meat adds color to this recipe. You could use 2 cans crab meat, drained and some Imitation crab meat for eye appeal.
Mar 8, 2011
I love this dip on crackers. Very tasty.I have never, ever heard of spelling imitation crap meat with a K. Where did this come from? Imitation crab, lobster, etc. are excellent foods: fat-free, very high protein, and reasonably priced. Makes a wonderful seafood salad, or when added to a tossed salad. It is, after all, real seafood.
Mar 7, 2011
P.S.~The imitation crab meat was quite tasty. The recipe was just lacking. :)
Mar 7, 2011
Wasn't bad, I just wouldn't call it "Spicy" and I am a wimp. Added seasoned salt and "Tony's" spicy cajun seasoning...still a little bland. Maybe it will be better cold. Will see tomorrow.