Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp
This recipe showcases the beautiful bounty of summer with its fresh corn, tomatoes and delicious basil. Prevent browning by placing plastic wrap directly on the salad or spritzing with lemon juice. —Deena Bowen, Chico, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse basil, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt. Add avocado and 2 tablespoons basil mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with remaining basil mixture. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skewers; serve with corn mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 371 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Summer Corn Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.