Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husked
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse basil, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt. Add avocado and 2 tablespoons basil mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with remaining basil mixture. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skewers; serve with corn mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 371 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2018
When the family saw this colorful display waiting for them, they all said, "Wow"! I used jarred pesto -"Classico" brand--my basil garden had died. The pesto added a new flavor to shrimp and the veggies. Will repeat for sure!