Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husked
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse basil, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt. Add avocado and 2 tablespoons basil mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with remaining basil mixture. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skewers; serve with corn mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 371 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Nov 10, 2019
Living in Florida, I often have shrimp-based dishes, and am always looking for new ideas. This one really hit the nail on the head, We loved it. And, it stores well in the fridge for another day.
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks! It's very helpful. I stress on the point that when on a new diet, a daily plan is very important Without it it’s too easy to fall for peer pressure, to be unprepared and to make bad decisions. I was one among those people who had knowledge about what to eat and what not to, but didn't have a daily plan to carry me through that critical first month until I came across something called as 28-Day Keto challenge. It's more than a plan, a challenge which guided me every step of my way. Their guidance helped me a lot and now I feel a sense of accomplishment. I notice my skin and hair improve and even can sleep better now. I lost a lot of weight too and I now have that energy which I haven't felt in years. I very strongly recommend you this. Visit https://bit.ly/2X8zIgv
Jun 5, 2019
Very tasty! My family loved it!
Nov 17, 2018
When the family saw this colorful display waiting for them, they all said, "Wow"! I used jarred pesto -"Classico" brand--my basil garden had died. The pesto added a new flavor to shrimp and the veggies. Will repeat for sure!