Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cheese; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in mint. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 261 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 20, 2017
May 24, 2017
Easy to put together.
May 18, 2017
Made half a recipe for two. It was good but needs a little more seasoning. Also took longer than 30 minutes to prepare. The shrimp preparation alone took more than 30 minutes.
May 22, 2016
I had some feta I needed to use, and I thought this recipe sounded good. It was actually GREAT! I made it with wine and we loved the taste the wine imparts to this dish. The only changes I made was thickening the tomato sauce a bit with a little Wondra flour and white wine mixed together, and using sweet onion instead of shallots. It was fantastic! I will make this again, especially during fresh tomato season.
Aug 14, 2015
I thought the dish sounded good and made it as written with the exception of using only 1 tablespoon oil instead of 3. One worked just fine for cooking the shallot and garlic. I think it needs more of the seasonings. It finally tasted like 5 stars on the 3 day I ate it.
Apr 14, 2015
we loved it, a ittle garlic bread or dipping sauce and it was great all by its self. If it was over something like rice or noodles it wouldn't be as good.
Mar 31, 2015
An instant family favorite! So easy to pull together, and I just loved the flavor of the simple tomato sauce. The feta adds a creaminess. So good! (I did leave out the mint, personal preference)
Sep 11, 2013
Nice and light served over rice. Will also try over pasta.
Aug 26, 2013
Because you can always trust Taste of Home recipes, I made this dinner for freinds without having made it before. Very good...everyone enjoyed it. I made as instructed; however, I live in Michigan so shrimp are expensive but as a special dish...this works!
Aug 2, 2013
I made this for my daughter's family after she had surgery, and they all raved thinking I had spent hours over a hot stove. We all love shrimp (living in Tampa it is plentiful) so I will make it again. No mint and I didn't add a substitute. And I added just a bit more wine. Terrific.