Shrimp Orzo with Feta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 406 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 25, 2017
Delicious and easy to make
Oct 6, 2017
I can't get the stars to work right, they seem to limit me to only 3 stars, but I thought that this recipe was better than that. I followed the recipe exactly and my son, who is 39, really liked it a lot.
Feb 2, 2017
Didn't add the cikantro and liked it, but it seemed to need something. May try adding basil if I make it again.
Oct 17, 2016
Jun 27, 2016
A little on the bland side...next time we will add a touch of old bay.
Apr 25, 2016
I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland.
Mar 7, 2016
Easy, quick, light meal. I liked the idea of adding spinach, will add a little more next time. I used shaved Parmesan and added a few spices.
Dec 31, 2015
This is a quick and lovely meal. I kept it warm in a crockpot to serve at a buffet. You would easily impress company with this one. The flavors are light and refreshing, and could be easily tweaked to suit individual tastes
Dec 14, 2015
Love this fast meal! I substituted parmesan for feta and about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal.
Aug 14, 2015
Love the light flavor and textures in this dish. Served it to company and caught one licking his bowl. Lol!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.