Orzo with Feta and Arugula
Total TimePrep/Total Time 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain orzo; rinse with cold water and drain well. In a large bowl, combine arugula, feta, almonds, cherries, oil, salt and pepper. Add orzo; toss to coat. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 279 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2019
Hubs and I really enjoyed this recipe. We actually used it in our lunches for work. It held up nice over a couple of days and had great flavor. I’d definitely use it as a side dish as well.