Feta & Cranberry Orzo Salad
It takes only minutes to make this awesome pasta salad. While the orzo is cooking, assemble the rest of the ingredients and it will be ready to go. My husband devoured this side dish.—Antigone Papoutsis, Nederland, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add orzo and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until orzo is tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the orzo, feta, cranberries and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, salt and pepper. Pour over orzo mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 350 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Feta-Cranberry-Green Onion Orzo salad in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Mar 23, 2016
Delicious! Works well warm and cold. Tastes light and it's easy too! I will definitely make this again.
Jul 11, 2014
This is a HUGE hit at home and work! PERFECT! Thank you so much for sharing.
Jul 16, 2013
You may add anything to this!