Strawberry Arugula Salad with Feta
The combination of peppery arugula, sweet strawberries and robust feta cheese may sound unusual, but one bite wins over taste buds.—Carala Horne, Meridian, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 6 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 106 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Citrus Arugula Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.