Orzo Vegetable Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, onions, cheese and capers. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Drain orzo and rinse in cold water. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 259 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 10, 2014
Such a beautiful looking and amazing salad with fantastic flavor. I use 3/4 - 1 C of orzo, about 8 C spinach and halved grape tomatoes. I haven't needed to make extra dressing because of the ingredient increase, but could easily do so. The dressing is soooo good!
Jan 5, 2014
Love this! Anytime I can use tarragon I am happy. And when it's a hot summer day, salads like this are a tasty treat!
Jul 10, 2012
I've made this recipe a couple of times since discovering it. It is very flavorful and light and goes well with meat or seafood.
May 15, 2011
This was an excellent and light salad. Very flavorful!