Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook orzo according to package directions for al dente. Drain orzo; rinse with cold water and drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat water over medium heat. Add corn; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add to orzo; stir in tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, onion, mint and, if desired, capers. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over orzo mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in almonds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 291 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 28, 2019
I made this last night and was so pleased how the flavors worked together. Can't wait to eat the rest today!
Jul 3, 2018
Really enjoyed this salad. I was asked to bring one that could sit out for a while. This fit the bill. I already was a fan of orzo, but never thought of putting it in a salad like this. The dressing was good, but I added about a half cup extra lemon juice (for a double batch) and got the light, lemony taste I wanted.