Grilled Marinated Ribeyes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix first nine ingredients. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain steaks, discarding marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 5-7 minutes per side.Freeze option: Freeze steaks with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill as directed.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 steak: 570 calories, 40g fat (15g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Jun 19, 2018
Used this recipe to marinate NY strip steaks to take on our camping trip. Used the tip of marinating the steaks and then freezing them. This helped keep the steaks fresh in the cooler until we were ready to use two days later, all the while infusing the wonderful flavor of this marinade into the meat. My family RAVED over the taste of the steaks. It has become a favorite, and my sons all wanted the recipe. Marinating the meat for at least 24 hours will give the best flavor.
Aug 20, 2017
Delicious! Used on flat iron steak and will use on other cuts of beef in the future..
Jul 16, 2017
Very flavorful. Wasn't sure about BBQ sauce and steak but this marinade was amazing. I used McCormick's Montreal seasoning for the steak seasoning.
Jun 27, 2017
AWESOME - even tho I messed up a bit. I put 2 Tblsp of the McCormick's Montreal when I read the 2 Tblsp of Steak Sauce (I didn't have any Steak Sauce)...so then I just figured it had enuf steak seasoning and omitted the 2 tsps of steak seasoning. Will definitely do this again - RIGHT next time. But it wasn't bad even with the mess up. Husband really liked it too. Thank you Ontario!
Jun 21, 2017
Yes a tangy taste. Not our favorite wouldn't make again especially with ribeyes.
May 23, 2017
AMAZING! Made it exact, marinated Ribeye's which are our favorites. Normally never use anything when cook them, love them just grilled. But this marinade is now a family favorite! Thank you Louise!
May 22, 2017
This was easy and turned out well.
Oct 14, 2016
Sep 5, 2016
Just made this...followed recipe as is....It turned out wonderful!Marinated ribeye for about 6 hours....Keep an eye on the grill when covered. Even at a lower temp. It can flare up.
Jul 17, 2016
This is a delicious marinade. Marinaded a London Broil steak overnight.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.