Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (about 1 inch thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pierce both sides of steaks several times with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup marinade to another bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Pour remaining marinade into a large shallow dish; add the steaks. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Warm reserved marinade; serve with steaks.
Sep 21, 2017
These were excellent. I did not add the hot pepper sauce, as I don't care for spice meat.
Jun 10, 2012
I didn't have time to marinade overnight, only had it in the bag about 2 hours and this steak was AWESOME. My whole family enjoyed it tremendously. Will DEFINITELY use this again, and again!
Jun 3, 2012
Used sirloins, but that was the only change I made. Great flavor! Used reserved marinade to saute mushrooms and onions to go with the steaks. Yum!
Dec 9, 2010
I love this marinade. This is the only marinade I use for steaks.
Sep 24, 2010
The marinade was great - steaks had a lot of flavor and tasted delicious :) Will definitely use this again!
Jun 17, 2010
I made this for my husband back in April of this year...Now everytime I we have steak the whole family request this recipe....
Jul 18, 2009
We love this marinade. We like to cut our steak into cubes before marinating and grilling on skewers--to get more marinade flavor in each bite!