Best Beef Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 each medium sweet red and green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, salsa and Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a shallow dish; add beef and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another dish; add peppers and onion and turn to coat. Cover dishes; refrigerate beef and vegetables overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade; set vegetables aside. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 597 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Feb 28, 2012
Try it for yourself. IT WAS AWESOME!!
Feb 11, 2011
This was very good, and easy. I used top sirloin, not flank steak. I omitted the onion but added corn and tomatoes. I also added some chili pepper, coriander, and cumin. I also had to cook the whole thing on the stove top because it was too cold to BBQ. Turned out great, my whole family loved it, and another family I made it for!