Marinated Baked Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- In a large shallow bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, half of the celery salt and paprika, salt, and half of the pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken; turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a large bag or another bowl, combine crackers and remaining seasonings. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Shake or dredge chicken in crumb mixture. Place in an ungreased jelly roll or broiler pan; drizzle with 1/4 cup butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Drizzle with remaining butter; bake 45 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
Jan 1, 2014
Very moist, seasoned well, the butter flavored crackers make a nice coating. I used boneless breast.
Nov 7, 2009
My family really liked this even though I used fat free sour cream, and reduced the salt and butter. It's definitely going in my recipe box to make again.
Feb 8, 2009
Wonderful tasting chicken!! I made 1/2 of the recipe using 4 chicken breasts cutlets. Next time will increase temperature to 375 and use less than the amount stated for butter, but otherwise made as stated. Will definitely be making these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.