Tasty Tuna Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tuna steaks and bay leaf. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. In a large skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 6, 2015
Really good marinade, the fish turned out great.
Aug 18, 2014
I made this and the steaks were great plus my husband really liked the marinade.
Aug 25, 2013
I've found with fish, the simple recipes are my favorite. I loved the simplicity of this recipe. Sadly, I didn't have fresh ginger so I used ground ginger. Can't wait to try this with fresh ginger. This was the first time I've tried making tuna steaks at home and it turned out great.
Feb 3, 2012
The marinade was fantastic, the tuna had such great flavor! We loved this dish! It will definitely be made again!
Oct 8, 2011
My husband said this was his favorite of all the tuna recipes I've tried thus far!
Aug 19, 2011
Jul 28, 2011
Very Tasty, "A keeper" my husband said. I used the beef broth, ginger and garlic in from the deli in a jar which made it fast and easy. Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.