Marinated Catfish Fillets
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 6 catfish fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place fillets in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; cover with salad dressing. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Remove 1 cup for basting. (Refrigerate remaining sauce for another use.)
- Grill fillets, covered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with the basting sauce. Continue grilling for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once and basting several times.
Jan 20, 2019
I saved this recipe many years ago and haven't fixed it for a long time. I am making it next week. I have found in the numerous times that I have prepared this that it works best to put fish in a baking dish and pour the sauce over it. Bake until fish is done and flakes with a fork.