Marinated Steak with Grilled Onions
This marinade is magic —it will make even economy cuts of beef tender and delicious. —Gail Garcelon, Beaverton, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup cooked onions)
- 1-1/4 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 beef top sirloin steaks (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 5 medium onions, sliced
- Whisk together vinaigrette, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade in bag. Grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and onions are tender, 4-7 minutes per side. Drizzle reserved marinade over onions. Cut steak into thin slices; serve with onions.
Originally published as Steak Marinade in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips