Marinated Steak with Grilled Onions
This marinade is magic —it will make even economy cuts of beef tender and delicious. —Gail Garcelon, Beaverton, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup cooked onions)
- 1-1/4 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 beef top sirloin steaks (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 5 medium onions, sliced
- Whisk together vinaigrette, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Pour 1/4 cup into a shallow dish. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade from dish. Grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°) and onions are tender, 4-7 minutes per side. Drizzle reserved marinade over onions. Cut steak into thin slices; serve with onions.