Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced carrots or celery
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Combine the cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; add to bouillon. Set aside. Toss beef with garlic, ginger and pepper. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 266 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 17, 2018
It was ok. I added a can of sliced water chestnuts for crunch.
Sep 17, 2016
This was an absolutely delicious dish, tasted like it was straight from a restaurant. I also tried a small portion with turkey breast tenderloins and it was also a hit. I used low sodium soy sauce and added corn. Will definitely be using this recipe again
Jan 21, 2016
This recipe tastes just like Chinese food I order. It was yummy and I will be making it again. I do wish it had lower sodium so I'm trying to find a substitute for the soy sauce.
Sep 1, 2015
This was a very flavorful dish! My house smelled like a gourmet kitchen while cooking this recipe. I would probably add some extra carrots and peppers next time, though.
Jun 25, 2015
Quick, easy and yummy!
May 17, 2014
Absolutely one of the best dishes I have tasted. The only thing I did different was I added red and yellow peppers along with the green peppers and I added bamboo shoots. It was so easy and delicious. Would recommend anyone to try it
Jun 10, 2013
This was an absolutely delicious recipe. everyone in my family loved it and will definitely will make this again.
Apr 7, 2013
This recipe was a quick and easy one to make and the whole family loved it! Having a large family, I was happy to find it multiplied out easily and still tasted just as good!
Jan 28, 2013
I loved this! I did buy the frozen bag of stir fry veggies and it came out delish! I just had to add some salt. I also mixed the rice in the pan with the veggies and meat to get the sauce all mixed in throughout.
Nov 17, 2011
My daughter loves to stir-fry, we made this together and it was awesome.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.