Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup julienned carrots or sliced celery
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Combine the cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; add to bouillon. Set aside. Toss beef with garlic, ginger and pepper. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 266 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 22, 2019
Tasty recipe! I prepared it with a few alterations. I used ground beef, frozen vegetables and 1/2 can of beef broth.
Oct 17, 2019
This was a delicious meal. My husband kept saying “whatever you’re doing in there it smells so good.” I used what I had on hand - bell pepper, snow peas, and green onion. Used fish sauce instead of soy sauce. I like the suggestion of adding a little crunch. Husband kept talking about it and ate all the leftovers the next day. I will definitely make this again
Aug 5, 2019
Need to use tender meat. I added broccoli. Water chestnuts might be a good addition as well!
Dec 30, 2018
Very Good, The whole family loved it.
Apr 17, 2018
It was ok. I added a can of sliced water chestnuts for crunch.
Sep 17, 2016
This was an absolutely delicious dish, tasted like it was straight from a restaurant. I also tried a small portion with turkey breast tenderloins and it was also a hit. I used low sodium soy sauce and added corn. Will definitely be using this recipe again
Jan 21, 2016
This recipe tastes just like Chinese food I order. It was yummy and I will be making it again. I do wish it had lower sodium so I'm trying to find a substitute for the soy sauce.
Sep 1, 2015
This was a very flavorful dish! My house smelled like a gourmet kitchen while cooking this recipe. I would probably add some extra carrots and peppers next time, though.
Jun 25, 2015
Quick, easy and yummy!
May 17, 2014
Absolutely one of the best dishes I have tasted. The only thing I did different was I added red and yellow peppers along with the green peppers and I added bamboo shoots. It was so easy and delicious. Would recommend anyone to try it