Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup julienned carrots or sliced celery
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Combine the cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; add to bouillon. Set aside. Toss beef with garlic, ginger and pepper. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 266 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 20, 2020
This was a homerun. Leftovers did not last very long. I had used leftover steak, which worked well in this recipe.
Jan 2, 2020
I have made this numerous times. Since the first time my husband gets hungry for this and requests it often. Tonight I made riced cauliflower instead of rice and added water chestnuts. Easy and versatile
Nov 29, 2019
Best Asian recipe I’ve found so far. And easy
Nov 24, 2019
This was very flavorful and easy to make. We loved eating it over rice. I did double the sauce because I added extra meat.
Nov 24, 2019
Great meal to prepare after a busy day at work. I did use the frozen vegetables which made it even more convenient. It was finished at the same time the rice was cooked. Tasty too!
Nov 13, 2019
Delicious and easy to prepare. Will keep this one in my meal rotation!
Oct 22, 2019
Tasty recipe! I prepared it with a few alterations. I used ground beef, frozen vegetables and 1/2 can of beef broth.
Oct 17, 2019
This was a delicious meal. My husband kept saying “whatever you’re doing in there it smells so good.” I used what I had on hand - bell pepper, snow peas, and green onion. Used fish sauce instead of soy sauce. I like the suggestion of adding a little crunch. Husband kept talking about it and ate all the leftovers the next day. I will definitely make this again
Aug 5, 2019
Need to use tender meat. I added broccoli. Water chestnuts might be a good addition as well!
Dec 30, 2018
Very Good, The whole family loved it.