Steak and Fries Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup frozen french-fried potatoes
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For dressing, whisk first 4 ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Cook potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add steak; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, divide lettuce, tomato and onion between 2 plates; top with potatoes, steak and cheese. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 513 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2012
Great salad. I come from the Pittsburgh area where steak and fries salad are commonplace. I did cheat on this one and use leftover steak. Dressing was memorable.
May 28, 2011
My daughter is a finiky eater and not to fond of salads but loves french fries she inhaled the salad and is always requesting for me to make it again.