Caesar Salad with Grilled Steak and Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated red potato wedges
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick and 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt; divide between two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush steak with 2 tablespoons dressing; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 22-26 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), turning once.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape; transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add cheese and remaining dressing. Thinly slice steak. Toss lettuce, onions and steak with potato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 salad (1 cup romaine, 1 cup potatoes, 3 ounces beef): 359 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1058mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2018
Tasty steak and salad recipe. We cut our own regular red potatoes and it worked fine. In the winter, you could just as easily boil or fry the potatoes and add them to the sauce. Flank steak works well with this, too.
Jul 21, 2017
I really like this salad because it's tasty and easy to prepare. I microwaved and barbecued a package of baby potatoes because I couldn't find red potato wedges. I've made it a few times already and will definitely make it again.