Caesar Salad with Grilled Steak and Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated red potato wedges
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick and 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt; divide between two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush steak with 2 tablespoons dressing; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 22-26 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning once.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape; transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add cheese and remaining dressing. Thinly slice steak. Toss lettuce, onions and steak with potato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 salad (1 cup romaine, 1 cup potatoes, 3 ounces beef): 359 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1058mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 21, 2017
I really like this salad because it's tasty and easy to prepare. I microwaved and barbecued a package of baby potatoes because I couldn't find red potato wedges. I've made it a few times already and will definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.