Roast Beef and Potato Salad
Roast Beef and Potato Salad comes from Joanna Lonnecker of Omaha, Nebraska. "This hearty salad is a favorite of the 'meat-and-potatoes' members of our family," writes Joanna. "I serve it as a light summer supper."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine beef, potatoes, green pepper, celery, onion and pimientos. Combine the next five ingredients; mix well. Pour over beef mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 383 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Roast Beef and Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.