Roast Beef and Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Freeze option: Place sliced pot roast in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 267 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 21, 2018
I didn't care for this at all. I thought it had a weird taste to it. I don't know if it was the onion soup mix because I have made roast before using just the canned soup and it turned out fine.
Apr 5, 2018
Simple and delicious!! I love to serve it over sourdough bread.
Jan 27, 2018
This is a great recipe as it is so easy and very tasty! I do add a bay leaf and some flour to thicken the gravy up a bit but the family loves this fork-soft beef roast!
Apr 19, 2017
This is so easy and so good. I like to add a can of mushrooms that I have drained and instead of using the sherry I use the beef broth.
Nov 9, 2016
I love how easy & tasty this recipe is. I cut up carrots & potatoes & placed them under the roast. Cooked it on high for 4 hours. Turned out perfect!
Oct 30, 2016
This is my family's favorite pot roast recipe. I sometimes use a pork roast with the other ingredients. We love the creamy gravy...instead of sherry, I use Marsala wine. It's a great gravy for meatballs and ground meat, too.
Sep 21, 2016
Delicious! Roast was very tender and the gravy was wonderful over mashed potatoes. I love mushrooms so I added a can to mine.
Feb 6, 2016
Our oldest daughter shared this recipe with me a few years ago. It truly IS the best beef roast we've ever had! Like a few other people remarked, I'm not a big fan of beef roast. But, this one is melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
Jan 27, 2016
By far the best roast I've ever had!! My husband is usually not a big fan of roast but he is now! Before I put the roast in the crock pot I rubbed it down with a little creole, garlic salt, seasoning salt, onion powder and pepper. So simple to make. This will be a new regular meal for us! Great with sliced and boiled red potatoes with a stick of melted butter on top.
Jan 17, 2016
WONDERFUL! Everyone loved it and the flavors are perfect. I used beef stock instead of sherry or broth. Keeper recipe!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.