Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup beef gravy
- Place potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chives and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the garlic, rosemary, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Add beef and gravy; heat through. Serve with potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 18, 2020
Quick, simple, and easy -- and a great way to use up leftover roast. It's also excellent with leftover roast pork!
Aug 10, 2019
I had prepared this recipe 6/26/2019. I'd used roast beef which was already sliced and cooked which I'd cubed. I used 4 baking potatoes, cubed and prepared the gravy using a gravy mix, 4-oz. drained canned mushroom stems/pieces and 1/3 cup red sherry wine. I found this recipe to be very good!
Mar 11, 2015
Great recipe! It looked so good I actually bought roast to cook it just for this. Definitely a keeper!
Oct 6, 2014
This is the best recipe for leftover roast beef I have come across. At the price of roast beef these days, who wouldn't want to try it!!! We love it.
Feb 5, 2013
Made this over and over again. Easy & everyone loves it.
Dec 22, 2012
Dissapointed in this recipe.
Mar 22, 2012
good easy dinner!
Mar 8, 2012
WE ALL LOLVE THIS QUICK & TASTY RENDITION USING LEFTOVER ROAST. I TAKE IT TO CHURCH POTLUCKS & THERE IS NEVER A MORSEL LEFT OVER. THANKS!!!
Jan 14, 2012
This is now one of our favorites! I use 1/2 the amount of mushrooms called for but I absolutely recommend this recipe!
Nov 3, 2010
Awesome flavors with so little fuss! I took it to a friend and her family and both of our families thought it was divine! Thanks for such a delicious, easy recipe!