Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup beef gravy
- Place potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chives and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the garlic, rosemary, pepper and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Add beef and gravy; heat through. Serve with potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2015
Great recipe! It looked so good I actually bought roast to cook it just for this. Definitely a keeper!
Oct 6, 2014
This is the best recipe for leftover roast beef I have come across. At the price of roast beef these days, who wouldn't want to try it!!! We love it.
Feb 5, 2013
Made this over and over again. Easy & everyone loves it.
Dec 22, 2012
Dissapointed in this recipe.
Mar 22, 2012
good easy dinner!
Mar 8, 2012
WE ALL LOLVE THIS QUICK & TASTY RENDITION USING LEFTOVER ROAST. I TAKE IT TO CHURCH POTLUCKS & THERE IS NEVER A MORSEL LEFT OVER. THANKS!!!
Jan 14, 2012
This is now one of our favorites! I use 1/2 the amount of mushrooms called for but I absolutely recommend this recipe!
Nov 3, 2010
Awesome flavors with so little fuss! I took it to a friend and her family and both of our families thought it was divine! Thanks for such a delicious, easy recipe!
Oct 20, 2010
Fussy husband loved this. Used the German style beef roast from the magazine the first night then used the leftovers for this. Skipped the mushrooms as we don't like them.
Oct 14, 2010
Made this from planned leftover article: German-style roast was great, but the beef part of this recipe was delicious! Next time will serve over mashed potatoes or rice as roasted potatoes didn't do the beef justice.