Roasted Tenderloin and Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon VSATEST or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 small red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- Cut small slits in the tenderloin; place a garlic slice in each slit. Combine thyme and 1 teaspoon pepper; rub over beef. In a skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides. Place in a small shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle potatoes with remaining pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove to the roasting pan.
- Gradually add broth to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over meat and potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber).
Oct 29, 2011
I was a little bit afraid to try this recipe because the tenderloin is such an expensive cut of meat. But, I must say it was divine and have made it many times over!
Oct 28, 2010
Great flavor, nice and juicy. Cooking the potatoes with the tenderloin gave them a nice crispy outside too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.