Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or beef broth
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- Place tenderloin in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the wine, soy sauce, rosemary, Dijon mustard, ground mustard and garlic. Pour half of the marinade over tenderloin; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4-12 hours, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Place the potatoes, Brussels sprouts and carrots in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; add reserved marinade and toss to coat. Cover and bake at 425° for 20 minutes; stir.
- Drain and discard marinade from tenderloin. Place tenderloin over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove beef and let stand for 15 minutes. Check vegetables for doneness. If additional roasting is needed, cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Slice beef and serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 283 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Jan 24, 2011
I made this for a Christmas dinner party and was very disappointed. The soy sauce overpowered the other flavors. Will not make this again.
Dec 25, 2010
I made this for Christmas Eve Dinner. It came out better than I ever expected. The cooking time was different for my oven. The vegetables were just as delicious. The meat was so tender and perfect. Great recipe!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.