Roasted Pork Tenderloin and Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound carrots, halved and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place the pork in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray; arrange the potatoes, carrots and onion around pork. Drizzle with oil. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over meat and vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°) and vegetables are tender, stirring vegetables occasionally. Remove pork from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 301 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Aug 22, 2017
It was very good, except I had to cook it for about an hour or more to get the veggies cooked and meat to the proper temp of 145.
May 20, 2017
Very good recipe for a family dinner. I substituted poultry seasoning for the sage and used a little extra olive oil.
Feb 12, 2017
Didn't have rosemary so used thyme instead and popped it under the broiler for the last 2 minutes for color. It was very good.
Apr 17, 2016
Delicious! Husband made this with some rosemary a friend gave us, and it was SUPERB!
Apr 3, 2016
The pork was good but my vegetables were not properly cooked.
Apr 3, 2016
This is good, also makes great leftovers for another meal. Nice with sweet potatoes, or try adding some apple wedges the last 10 or 15 minutes. I de-glaze the pan with a splash of white wine and finish with a bit of apricot preserves for a nice sauce to drizzle over the pork. Or try reducing the sage and adding some lemon pepper. Makes an easy meal with only one pan to wash. Yummy.
Mar 19, 2016
This is a cold-weather staple at our house. I add other root vegetables, sometimes a purple turnip or two, always a sweet potato or two, and rarely a parsnip or two. Tonight I am adding Brussels sprouts to vegetable mix. I usually roast this for an hour. This is one of my husband's favorites!
Jun 15, 2015
Excellent! Did not use carrots and increased the sweet onions...delicious!
May 4, 2015
Was nothing left. Everyone liked it alot.
Apr 9, 2015
Loved this!! Easy. I love the sage.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.