Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup port wine or 1/2 cup beef broth plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 bay leaf
- For marinade, whisk together first seven ingredients. Place roast, bay leaf and 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Reserve remaining marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place tenderloin on a rack in a roasting pan; discard bay leaf and marinade in bag. Roast until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 160°), 40-50 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 15 minutes.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef: 193 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2017
Has anyone adjusted the recipe for a 2 pound tenderloin? Or recommend a per pound time?
Mar 14, 2015
I used a New York Sirloin Roast- 4 star
Dec 23, 2013
My family is still raving about this roasted beef tenderloin.