Beef Tenderloin Roast
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup beef broth
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, garlic, pepper, garlic salt and onion salt; brush over tenderloin. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°)
- Remove tenderloin from pan; let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, add broth to pan drippings, stirring to loosen browned bits; heat through. Serve with sliced beef.
Nutrition Facts4-1/2 ounce-weight: 209 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 9, 2014
Excellent exactly as is. My significant other always cooks the beef tenderloin but this time I did it and followed this recipe exactly. He said, "From now on you are in charge of the Beef Tenderloin, this is phenomenal."
Sep 22, 2013
Outstanding! This was so simple and yet so flavorful! I added a tablespoon of olive oil to the mustard crust. I did not have garlic and onion salt so I used granulated onion and garlic and then added a pinch of Sel Gris sea salt. The meat was so tender you didn't need a knife to cut it. Absolutely a new favorite in our house.
Sep 12, 2013
Made this again and added a couple tbsp of BBQ sauce, omitted the beef broth. EXCELLENT! My tenderloin was smaller so it only needed 22 min at 400.
Feb 10, 2013
Very good, Tender, good flavor.
Oct 31, 2011
nice flavor. easy to make.
Jan 16, 2011
needed a simple roast beef for my dad to make.. left the list of ingredients for him on the answering machine.. we had it 3 weeks ago and we're still raving about it.. my dad couldn't believe something with only a few ingredients could taste so good! thanks for sharing!
Aug 1, 2010
This was delicious, I added a half cup of red wine while it was roasting. Definately a keeper!
Dec 26, 2009
I served this for Christmas dinner. Everyone loved it! It was butter-tender and the dijon mustard rub was fabulous. This one is a winner!
Oct 18, 2009
Delicious! The Dijon mustard added nice flavor.
Dec 26, 2008
Had this for Christmas dinner; never made a tenderloin in my LIFE. I was absolutely FABULOUS! Dh is requesting it for New Years!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.