Marinated Beef Tenderloins
From Karen Haskell of Tempe, Arizona, these steaks have fabulous flavor sure to impress guests. “These will melt in your mouth,” she writes. “Guaranteed!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Set aside 3/4 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a shallow dish; add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting with reserved marinade.
Originally published as Steak Marinade in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008