Peppered Beef Tenderloin Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix first five ingredients.
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan; rub with pepper mixture. Roast until desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 40-60 minutes. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef: 188 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2018
Made this today and it was really tasty, family enjoyed it.
Jan 28, 2012
I have made this recipe twice and both time with rave reviews! I put whole peppercorns in a plastic bag or between pieces of wax paper and crushed with a rolling pin. A lot of work, but worth it. I also rubbed the beef with the mix and let sit in the fridge for several hours. You can't go wrong with tenderloin!
Dec 21, 2010
This was my first time preparing tenderloin and it was for a large crowd. It took forever to grind all the pepper with a hand grinder. Definitely would recommend getting that done ahead of time. I did receive many compliments. Everyone seemed to really enjoy this entree.