Pepper-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix first five ingredients. To make a double roast, arrange tenderloins side by side, thick end to thin end; tie together with kitchen string at 1-1/2-in. intervals. Place on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Spread with mustard mixture; cover with bread crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 30-40 minutes. (Tent loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.) Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into slices; remove string before serving.
Editor's NoteTo make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 155 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 24, 2018
First of all....to: Springscook - how can you rate it only 3 stars when you did not use the proper ingredients? Make as directed....THEN give a review. I found t his recipe to be easy and a very moist tenderloin. I served it to guests and they all had nothing but good to say about it.
Nov 1, 2012
Fabulous and easy to prepare! As described in the recipe, it was very moist and elegant looking. Wonderful served with a pepper relish.
Dec 16, 2010
The kids (10 & 13) ate this right up! It was delish! I made my own soft bread crumbs just by processing 2 slices of Ezekiel bread in the food processor....PERFECT for the crumb coating! We'll definitely be making this one again...SOON!
Jan 22, 2010
A little dry with the fine bread crumbs. Definitely need to use "soft" bread crumbs.