Pepper-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix first five ingredients. To make a double roast, arrange tenderloins side by side, thick end to thin end; tie together with kitchen string at 1-1/2-in. intervals. Place on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Spread with mustard mixture; cover with bread crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 30-40 minutes. (Tent loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.) Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into slices; remove string before serving.
Editor's NoteTo make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 155 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Nov 1, 2012
Fabulous and easy to prepare! As described in the recipe, it was very moist and elegant looking. Wonderful served with a pepper relish.
Dec 16, 2010
The kids (10 & 13) ate this right up! It was delish! I made my own soft bread crumbs just by processing 2 slices of Ezekiel bread in the food processor....PERFECT for the crumb coating! We'll definitely be making this one again...SOON!
Jan 22, 2010
A little dry with the fine bread crumbs. Definitely need to use "soft" bread crumbs.