Herb-Crusted Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon-herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons VSATEST
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the ground mustard, herb seasoning, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a large skillet, brown roast in 2 tablespoons oil. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush top with Dijon mustard. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and remaining oil; press onto roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Place on a warm serving platter. Let meat stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Stir wine into roasting pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 263 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Feb 2, 2011
This crusted pork loin is truly delicious. To perfect the recipe, I add 1 egg york and 1 teaspoon of milk powder into the marinating mixture. It will improve the adhesiveness of the crust and won’t fall apart easily as we slicing it. This tongs is useful for turning the pork.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.