Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, marjoram, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush both sides of pork chops with 1 teaspoon oil; rub with herb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. Add broth and sherry or additional broth to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil.
- Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve chops with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 28, 2013
Was a hit!
Jan 26, 2013
This was OK. I may not make it again simply because there are a lot of pork chop recipes that I like better.
Jul 10, 2011
We use this herb rub on chicken, and it's fabulous!
Feb 8, 2011
We didn't like this! And was very disappointed as it sounds good. The meat was tough and the flavor strange. I won't be making it again.
Feb 7, 2011
Very tasty and I like how it presented on the plate. Will definitely make again.
Dec 5, 2010
The flavor was wonderful!!
Mar 25, 2009
Did I do something wrong? My family did not like this at all. We had to throw it out. So disappointing.
Mar 21, 2009
THE NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR THIS RECIPE SRE GREAT! GOOD JOB! IT ACTUALLY TASTED GREAT TOO!
Mar 19, 2009
Dinner turned out GREAT tonight! The pork chops were flavorful and moist. My husband said it was the best pork chop he's ever had.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.