Roasted Herb-Stuffed Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage or 4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2-3/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Starting about a third in from one side, make a lengthwise slit down the roast to within 1/2 in. of the bottom. Turn roast over and make another lengthwise slit starting about a third in from the opposite side. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap.
- Combine mustard and garlic; rub two-thirds of the mustard mixture over roast. Combine the chives, sage, thyme, rosemary, 3/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle two-thirds of the herb mixture over roast. Roll up jelly roll style, starting with a long side; tie several times with kitchen string. Rub oil over roast; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Place roast on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Brush roast with remaining mustard mixture and sprinkle with remaining herbs. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 181 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
May 8, 2016
This was a lovely recipe. But beware, even 'divided' I found 1 tsp of salt too much. If the submitter had intended Kosher salt maybe it would have been not so bad. I will sprinkle the inside of roll rather than add to the herbs. Mustard was good, all the herbs were perfect. It is just on Spring here so had to use a mixture of fresh and dried herbs. It all worked well. Just too bad about the salt though, thankfully it was not for guests. Fantastic Herb mixture (without the salt, lol)
Oct 18, 2015
Wonderful flavor and a great way to use the herbs from my garden. The whole family loved it and wanted seconds. I will definitely make this again.
Jan 30, 2011
This has been the best stuffed pork I've had in years... So good and quick to put together. I was nervous as some of the ingredients as I don't have much experience cooking with them and I'm not a huge fan of thyme so I cut that in half, but it turned out fantastic and the roast was gone in one dinner! thanks for sharing =-)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.