Basil Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Mix first 4 ingredients; gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil (mixture will be crumbly). Rub over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook chops until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 152 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 11, 2020
I was amazed how delicious this was. I modified it a bit by cutting back in the basil and doing half chili powder half paprika. This was a hit and is a keeper!
Dec 2, 2019
Not really down with the Pork chop flavoring
Nov 15, 2019
My family didn't care for the basil flavor
Apr 1, 2019
This an easy and quick meal to put together. Enjoyed it. Will make it again.
Mar 31, 2019
I wish I'd have made this as shown above, that is, with mac
Jun 12, 2018
May 19, 2018
Easy and tasty!
Oct 31, 2017
We really enjoyed this dinner. You could really taste the brown sugar over the other spices. I will be making this again. It was pretty easy to make.
Jan 15, 2017
Great quick dinner with affordable ingredients! Will definitely make again.
Dec 7, 2016
My husband and I both thought this was delicious! I used bone-in "pork porterhouse" chops. Next time I may try omitting the oil from the rub, as there seemed to be an unnecessary ocean of it left in the skillet. And there will be a next time.Next-time update: As I neglected to mention in my first post, I cut all the ingredients in half since I'm feeding only two people. This time I added about 1/2 teaspoon of oil to the rub and one teaspoon to the pan. I also added the full half-teaspoonfuls of chili powder and salt (I used kosher salt). We liked it even better this way, if that's possible.