Moist Herbed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2009
Can you do these in a slow cooker?
Dec 18, 2008
To bake pork chops, Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 10 inch skillet, brown pork chops over medium heat. Arrange the pork chops in a baking dish with a little of the marinade. Cover with aluminum foil and back for 60-70 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently. Enjoy!KT
Dec 16, 2008
Re: Moist Herbed Pork ChopsWhat other method is an option for cooking these pork chops? The recipe said "If grilling", which isn't an option in our part of the country in the winter.
Dec 12, 2008
YOU SAY "IF GRILLING" WHAT ABOUT BAKING IF YOU LIVE IN THE NORTH IT IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO GRILL AND I JUST WONDERED SINCE YOU SAID "IF GRILLING" THANKS THIS SOUNDS GREAT I'LL TRY IT SOON