Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the basil, onion, bread crumbs, wine and garlic salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese if desired. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2015
I think the next time I'd avoid the garlic salt altogether, maybe substitute a lesser amount of garlic powder.
Jun 20, 2013
My family which includes my husband, a 4 year old and 3 year old and me of course all absolutely love this recipe!!! Yummy!! TRY IT!!
Jul 26, 2011
My DH really liked these. I thought I would love them to since I really like basil, but they didn't do anything for me.
May 21, 2010
IT WAS GOOD