Herb & Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard. In another bowl, mix green onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining mustard. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 8 thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto the center of 4 patties; top with remaining patties, pressing edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 383 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
May 5, 2016
Yuck! My husband didn't ask for a second helping. Too salty and terrible flavor. What a waste of good ground beef.
Sep 15, 2014
These were just okay for us. We prefer the Mushroom Stuffed Cheeseburger recipe instead.
May 26, 2014
Best freaking burgers of my life!!!
Mar 15, 2014
have made em twice and they are a big hit all around thanks
Oct 5, 2013
Delicious burger! The flavor in this was amazing.
Jun 11, 2013
This was great. My family really liked it. A great take on a classic.
May 27, 2013
Really good! I used ground turkey and they turned out great!!
May 20, 2013
We just grilled these hamburgers last night. All 3 boys, my husband and I all want to eat them again! Having so many eating I used ground turkey and ground beef mixed together to make the burgers. Then instead of adding all the spices to the hamburger mixture I just added 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Spices from McCormick. (if you haven't used this on your steaks, you are really missing out!) The only thing we realized is that we needed bigger buns than just regular hamburger buns! We also did not have them fall apart on the grill but had read the review and were more aware of it. Otherwise, I totally recommend these hamburgers. The little bit of extra work was well worth it.
Apr 18, 2013
These are our favorite burgers!!! This is my mother's recipe and my family requsts this every time I make burgers.
Feb 3, 2013
My husband and I love this recipe. We make this with venison and it makes the burgers are very lean and flavorful. I do not change anything.