Herb-Topped Stuffed Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Melt remaining butter. In a small bowl, combine the onion mixture, bread crumbs, cheese and melted butter. Spoon 2 tablespoons onto each tomato half.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 19, 2015
I love how I used everything from from the garden (herbs, tomatoes, and garlic) ! It is almost like a bruschetta with less carbs. I used homemade whole wheat light bread crumbs. Super easy and fast!!
Jul 1, 2010
Quick and tasty! I liked the fresh basil on top. Use real bread crumbs, not those sawdust ones from a canister and it will taste ten times better!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.