Feta-Dill Chicken Burgers
I found fresh ground chicken at the butcher and gave it a whirl on our new grill. The result is these saucy burgers. Everybody went nuts—including my sister-in-law, an amazing cook! —Wendy Boughton, Victoria, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce and sliced tomato, optional
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Gently stir in cheese.
- Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties (mixture will be soft). Brush patties with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-6 minutes per side. Serve on buns. If desired, top with tzatziki sauce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 414 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 21, 2019
These burgers are FANTASTIC!!! Mixture was a little too soft for me to chance the bbq, so I fried them in a pan with a little oil. The whole family loved them, will be making again very soon!