Feta-Dill Chicken Burgers
I found fresh ground chicken at the butcher and gave it a whirl on our new grill. The result is these saucy burgers. Everybody went nuts—including my sister-in-law, an amazing cook! —Wendy Boughton, Victoria, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce and sliced tomato, optional
- Combine first seven ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Gently stir in cheese.
- Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties (mixture will be soft). Brush patties with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-6 minutes per side. Serve on buns. If desired, top with tzatziki sauce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 414 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chicken Burgers with Feta and Fresh Herbs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.