Feta Chicken Burgers
My friends always request these tasty chicken burgers on the grill. I sometimes add olives to punch up the flavor! Try them with the mayo topping. —Angela Robinson, Findlay, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- Preheat broiler. Mix cucumber and mayonnaise. For burgers, mix red pepper and seasonings. Add chicken and cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be sticky). Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Broil burgers 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve in buns with cucumber sauce. If desired, top with lettuce and tomato. Freeze option: Place uncooked patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, broil frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 burger with 1 tablespoon sauce: 356 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Feta Chicken Burgers in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.