Feta Chicken Burgers
My friends always request these tasty chicken burgers on the grill. I sometimes add olives to punch up the flavor! Try them with the mayo topping. —Angela Robinson, Findlay, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- Preheat broiler. Mix cucumber and mayonnaise. For burgers, mix red pepper and seasonings. Add chicken and cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be sticky). Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Broil burgers 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve in buns with cucumber sauce. If desired, top with lettuce and tomato.
Freeze option: Place uncooked patties on a plastic-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to an airtight freezer container; return to freezer. To use, broil frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 burger with 1 tablespoon sauce: 356 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Feta Chicken Burgers in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017