Grilled Chicken Burgers
These chicken burgers get a delicious hint of sweetness with tart apples mixed right into the patties. The cranberry-mayo spread takes it up a notch even further. —Debbie Gauthier, Timmins, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Cook on an indoor grill until a meat thermometer reads 165°, 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and mayonnaise. Serve burgers on buns with cranberry spread and if desired, lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 345 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Burgers & Cranberry Mayo Spread in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.