Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 thin patties. Spoon red pepper and cheese onto center of five patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 25, 2016
My husband seemed to really like these but I thought they were just OK. There wasn't enough flavor in the filling; maybe it needed some spices. I could have easily put all that stuff on top of a normal burger. We probably won't make this combination again.
Aug 27, 2015
These were just.OK for me. I thought they could use more flavor and were a bit dry.
Apr 6, 2011
We make these every couple of weeks! Everyone LOVES them and there are never any leftover. From someone who does NOT like peppers at all, I think it's a great way to sneak them in. If nothing else, it's gives my kids a taste of something they normally wouldn't get. Great recipe!
Dec 1, 2010
Picky family, and they all- with the exception of one who picked the peppers out- LOVED it!! I thought it was so easy, and doens't even really need any condiments. This has been added to the menu, and we eat it about once a month!
Sep 7, 2010
These were pretty good. I don't think they needed the red pepper. I think more cheese in the middle would have been great.
Aug 3, 2010
These are go GOOD!! Even heated up as a leftover!!
Jun 19, 2010
This recipe was a hit at our last cookout.... EVERYONE loved it... even the "manly men who only eat BEEF!" This one is a big time KEEPER!
Apr 4, 2010
very good recipe and easy to make
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.