Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 thin patties. Spoon red pepper and cheese onto center of five patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 25, 2016
My husband seemed to really like these but I thought they were just OK. There wasn't enough flavor in the filling; maybe it needed some spices. I could have easily put all that stuff on top of a normal burger. We probably won't make this combination again.
Aug 27, 2015
These were just.OK for me. I thought they could use more flavor and were a bit dry.
Apr 6, 2011
We make these every couple of weeks! Everyone LOVES them and there are never any leftover. From someone who does NOT like peppers at all, I think it's a great way to sneak them in. If nothing else, it's gives my kids a taste of something they normally wouldn't get. Great recipe!
Dec 1, 2010
Picky family, and they all- with the exception of one who picked the peppers out- LOVED it!! I thought it was so easy, and doens't even really need any condiments. This has been added to the menu, and we eat it about once a month!
Sep 7, 2010
These were pretty good. I don't think they needed the red pepper. I think more cheese in the middle would have been great.
Aug 3, 2010
These are go GOOD!! Even heated up as a leftover!!
Jun 19, 2010
This recipe was a hit at our last cookout.... EVERYONE loved it... even the "manly men who only eat BEEF!" This one is a big time KEEPER!
Apr 4, 2010
very good recipe and easy to make