Grilled Italian Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup cheese and seasonings. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without marinara sauce): 279 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 25, 2018
These are really good and my family loves them. I too, used sliced mozzarella cheese instead of shredded because it was easier to eat in a sandwich. It didn't fall out!
Jun 28, 2013
a nice alternative to regular burgers! I used Borden's new ital cheese slices instead of topping it with shredded cheese (too messy)