Grilled Green Onion Burgers
Change up this super tasty burger with your favorite toppings. Whip some mayo with hoisin sauce to add extra tang! —Darla Andrews, Schertz, Texas
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 8 bacon strips, cut in half
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 baby bok choy, quartered and core removed
- 8 large eggs
- 8 potato hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; reserve drippings.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine teriyaki, hoisin, onions, garlic, cumin and pepper. Add beef, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoon bacon drippings over medium-high heat until golden, 5-7 minutes. Add bok choy to skillet; cook until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, fry eggs in remaining bacon drippings over medium heat until desired doneness. Serve burgers on buns with bacon, bok choy, mushrooms and fried egg.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 481 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 247mg cholesterol, 1230mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Asian Green Onion Burgers w. an Egg on Top in Taste of Home April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.