Feta Steak Tacos
I love tacos, and came up with this version to make them with Mediterranean flavors as opposed to Mexican. They went over big with my family!—Debbie Reid, Clearwater, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced Greek olives
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, toss beef with vinaigrette; let stand 15 minutes. In a small bowl, mix yogurt and lime juice.
- In a large skillet, heat oil from sun-dried tomatoes over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove to a small bowl; stir in sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
- Place same skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Serve steak and pepper mixture in tortillas; top with cheese. Serve with yogurt mixture and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 taco with 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture: 317 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Mediterranean Beef Street Tacos in Country Woman February/March 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.