Chicken Taco Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Whisk in cream and taco seasoning until blended. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Stir in cheese. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 349 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 6, 2014
This was a tasty recipe, but my family thought it was too dry & rather plain. Throwing in some salsa helped, I thought, but won't make again. However, it was quick to make!
Feb 28, 2011
Seemed a little blah, like it was missing something-maybe a veggie-not quite sure. 3 of 5 liked so I think I 'll try it again.
Sep 15, 2010
THE ONLY PASTA I HAD WAS MACARONI AND MY FAMILY THOUGHT I MADE HAMBURGER HELPER! I ADDED EXTRA MILK AND CHEESE. I WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN FOR SOMETHING QUICK AND EASY (THATS NOT EXACTLY FROM A BOX!:)
Aug 16, 2010
Perhaps doubling the ingredients for the sauce would create a dish that is less dry.
Feb 13, 2009
I thought this was a tad too dry. Mine needed more "sauce". My family ate it but this is not one they will ask me to make again.
Oct 1, 2008
Love this! It's so easy and quick to make. I used precooked grilled chicken strips. I made the recipe as is and thought it was wonderful, but you can play with it a bit - maybe top it with some sliced green onion and black olives. YUM!!
Dec 14, 2007
My family loved this dish! Even my somewhat picky 3 1/2 year old and it was so quick to throw together using a rotisserie chicken.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.