Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 + standing
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Hot pepper sauce
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese, picante sauce and sour cream, optional
- In a Medium or Large Ziploc® Zip 'n Steam™ Bag, combine steak, flour, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Seal bag and shake gently to combine ingredients. Pat steak into single layer. Place bag in microwave.
- Cook on full power for 4 minutes (Medium bag) or 3-1/2 minutes (Large bag). If needed, microwave for additional 30-second intervals until steak is well done. Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Gently shake bag to distribute seasonings and carefully open.
- Add lime juice and hot pepper sauce if desired. Spoon beef mixture onto tortillas. If desired, top with cheese and serve with picante sauce and sour cream.
Originally published as Steak Tacos in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.